Monday, December 5, 2011

My First Pair of Pointe Shoes


When I went to get fitted for my first pair of pointe shoes, I was excited. My mom and I went to the Sock Basket. My cousin, Ashlyn, was there also trying on pointe shoes.  I had to put toe pads on before I put my pointe shoes on. The sales clerk helped me put on the pointe shoes. Miss Lara, my dance instructor made sure that they fit me properly. I learned how to sew the ribbons and elastics on at ballet camp. What bothers me the most about wearing pointe shoes is that they hurt. When you put cotton in them they don't hurt as much! What I love most about them is that it's easy to get on pointe.



This picture is when I am on pointe for the first time!

 In this picture I am doing a plie.

 Here I am with my cousin.



Here I am with my new pointe shoes!


This is me in ballet pointe camp.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here I'm performing on the last day of ballet camp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Thank you for reading my blog!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very beautiful ballerina. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. -Auntie Erica